Ten Things You Need To Think About BEFORE You Have Foot Surgery. 1. You need to exhaust conservative treatment before you decide...
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Although a bit more expensive than regular socks, Diabetic socks are worth the money - especially for people who blister easily and sensitive feet.
Diabetics have extra foot needs and it's important that they wear proper shoes and inserts to prevent calluses that can lead to more serious problems like ulcers which can in turn lead to infections, gangrene and amputations. Diabetics should also avoid walking barefoot or wearing open-toed shoes. If you are Diabetic, make sure that you are doing regular Podiatric check-ups.
* Usually they are made of man-made fibers that decrease friction.
* Typically has soft, breathable and moisture wicking fibers.
* Anatomical fit with strategic padding for comfort and protection.
* Non-restrictive fit due to seamless construction.
* Often has anti-microbial properties.
Diabetic socks can be found at most retail shoe stores as well as online.
Posted by Doctor of Podiatry Discusses and Recommends Shoes. at 4:47 PM
Labels: Diabetic Socks