Featured Post

Thinking About Foot Surgery? Ten Things You Need To Think About BEFORE You Have Foot Surgery.

Ten Things You Need To Think About BEFORE  You Have Foot Surgery. 1. You need to exhaust conservative treatment before you decide...

Friday, May 21, 2010

Comfortable Women's Sandal - The Wolky "Tulip" Sandal.
















THE WOLKY "TULIP" SANDAL.

This is a fabulous sandal!! My patients who have gotten them have said that this is the most comfortable sandal they've ever worn. They cost more but consider them an investment in your feet, knees, hips and lower back.

What makes this sandal special:
*It has a thick rigid sole with an insole made of cork and memory foam so it is thick and protective but also soft, conforming and very comfortable.
*The straps are adjustable so this works well for patients with mild to moderate swelling.
*It is made out of environmentally friendly materials (no chrome or vegetable extracts) which is great for patients with skin/environmental allergies.
*It's approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association.


This sandal is great for patients with:
Hallus Limitus (limited range of motion at the first toe joint).
Mild Bunions.
Mild, Moderate and Severe Hammertoes.
Mild to moderate Osteoarthritis.
Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Heel Pain.
Mild Tendonitis.
Tired Legs.


This sandal is not recommended for:
Diabetic Patients.
Neuropathic Patients (Nerve Damage).
Charcot Foot.
Severe Degenerative Joint Disease (These patients will need an enclosed shoe for more protection and biomechanical control.


This sandal can be found at Arizona Walk Shop in Mesa, Arizona. I know this is a bit of a drive for my patients but their wide selection and excellent customer service will make it well worth the trip.

Cost: $160

Arizona Walk Shop
1306 E. Main Street (on Main & Stapley in Mesa)
Mesa, AZ 85203
480-461-1940





8 comments:

M.J. said...

Are they good for flat and wide feet?

Doctor of Podiatry Discusses and Recommends Shoes. said...

Sorry for the delay in responding! They are good for flat and wide feet although I do wish it had a higher arch support. The forefoot area has a velcro adjustable strap and the ankle strap can be adjusted also.
Hope all is well,
Dr McCarthy

CCarter said...

Hi,
I'm looking for shoes to wear. I have been wearing heavy duty hiking boots for 2 years! I have a fused midfoot - can't do heels and need stiff soles and plenty of support. Would you recommend these sandals? Or are there other shoes you would recommend that aren't hiking boots? Fashion is tough :)

Thank you!

Doctor of Podiatry Discusses and Recommends Shoes. said...

Hi CCarter!
Having a fused midfoot is tough when it comes to finding shoes but (keeping in mind that I have never seen you as a patient and I would highly recommend you discuss this with your podiatrist/surgeon) the Wolky should work for short durations - going to lunch with friends, ect. It should work because of the rigid sole and excellent forefoot, midfoot and rearfoot control. If you are diabetic, neuropathic or have a history of ulcers or Charcot foot - you may be forced to continue the hiking boot for more rigid biomechanical control.
Hope all is well,
Dr McCarthy

Elaine said...

I found your blog via Barking Dog Shoes blog. It looks great- very useful info, and I look forward to more posts on good shoes for bad feet :)

jenny bento said...

just found your site through the link at Barking Dog! It's great1 Thanks!

mom929 said...

I've been diagnosed with hallux limitus, and have basically been told that I'll never wear sandals again (not enough support for my big toe). Right now the only shoes I have are hiking shoes with a custom orthodic. As the weather warms I'd love to find an attractive sandal that I can wear. Will these work? With or without my orthodics? Thanks for this blog!

andrewmathew said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different web address and thought I should check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page for a second time. womens toe post sandals